Monthly Menus from Holly
My March Recipe Challenge - You Up For It?
So statistics show, people start their diets in January, but have already given up by February! March is National Nutrition Month making this the perfect time to think about a healthier lifestyle; however, this time let’s make it a permanent lifestyle change! My focus is on providing a healthier lifestyle for the busy person—bringing back cooking. My challenge to you is to start taking back your health one recipe at a time. It doesn’t have to be a kitchen overhaul. Try one new recipe a week, and a good place to start is with these – I have handpicked some new flavorful recipes, sure to jump-start your nutrition and get you out of your cooking rut!
Kale Salad with Fruity Vinaigrette: Looking for the perfect recipe to try that ‘new-to-you’ kale?
- You will love the Fruity Vinaigrette for it’s perfect blend of sweet and savory flavors.
- Did you know that 1 cup of kale provides a whopping 5 grams of fiber, 15% of your daily calcium recommended intake, 180% of vitamin A, and 200% of vitamin C!
- For a short-cut, look for bags of pre-cut, pre-washed kale in your grocery’s produce.
- Not sure about kale, try a combination of kale, spinach and lettuce.
Chicken Scallopini: Easy comfort food with loads of flavor.
- You can buy thin chicken breasts in the grocery instead of pounding them.
- Keep these ingredients on hand for a quick, impressive family meal in minutes.
- This entrée dish makes a great diabetic-friendly dinner, low in sodium & saturated fat.
Strawberry Bread: Such yummy spring berry bread.
- Makes excellent breakfast, dessert or snack
- Quick breads freeze well, so make plenty with your seasonal fruit, wrap in plastic wrap and store in freezer zip top bags. Freezes 4 – 6 months.
- Any red fruit juice may be used for cranberry-strawberry juice.
WHAT'S GOING ON
ARE YOU KEEPING UP WITH HOLLY?
Check out my PINTEREST BOARD for recipes to Go Green for National Nutrition Month
Have you been to my blog?
Subscribe to Holly’s YouTube channel
And for all my MakeUp and beauty scoop – I LOVE LisaLisaD1’s Youtube channel – now I have an ongoing makeup shopping list – great inforrmation – one of my favorite Youtube channels!