Monthly Menus from Holly
SPRING HAS SPRUNG
Spring has sprung, and I am so glad as this winter was COLD! The days are longer; the sun is warming us up, and the Azaleas have bloomed making this month just right to celebrate Picnic Day. Perfect for spreading a blanket on the ground at your favorite park or in your back yard to enjoy a meal. Why not include a few tomato recipes as April also brings us Fresh Tomato Day. Not to mention it is also Easter, and these Bunny Biscuits will be the cutest breakfast surprise, Easter morning!
Chicken Lettuce Wraps: Sweet, crunchy and savory – all in one delightful refreshing wrap – perfect for enjoying outdoors in this warmer weather.
Nutrition Nugget: Ginger is an immune boosting root, long believed to have medicinal properties – helping with nausea and upset stomach, also having anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Per 3 ounces of ground chicken, by choosing lean ground chicken breast over regular ground chicken you will cut your calories by 70, your fat intake by 7 grams and saturated fat intake by 3 grams!
Bruschetta Couscous Salad: An unbeatable combination of fresh basil, mozzarella, and tomatoes at their best!
- My daughter makes me whip this up for her all the time and since she is pregnant, I do!
- You know you are eating with nutrition when you have this colorful of a plate — each color providing important protective vitamins and nutrients.
- Instead of couscous, wild rice may be used for gluten-free version. Don’t have Israeli couscous, just use whatever couscous you have.
Slice and Bake Chocolate Chip Cookies: Taste of homemade but with extra ease, and best of all you can have them whenever you want.
- From the Comfort Food Menu of my trim&TERRIFIC KITCHEN 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence – with everything you need to know about tackling the kitchen, from healthy delicious EASY recipes and all you need to whip them up!
My most popular Easter recipe - Bunny Biscuits– fun to make and even more delicious to eat!
What’s Going On:
4/9: WAFB Noon Show
Autographed cookbooks now available on my website!
Contact Holly at email@example.com for corporate wellness program or special book sales (price) for holiday gifts.
Do you have my phone app? Download free: Holly Clegg's Mobile Rush Hour Recipes
Are you on my Facebook Fan Page ? If not, come join for our foodie conversations.
Have you been to my blog? http://thehealthycookingblog.com