Monthly Menus from Holly
What's For Dinner? Last Minute Meals
What's for dinner? That always seems to be the question. Everybody needs a few go-to dinner recipes in their back pocket to whip up in a moment's notice, and with these tried-and-true dishes you probably already have most of the ingredients in your pantry and freezer - and if you don’t, then keep them stocked! It really can be this easy to cook a delicious homemade meal – healthy in a hurry.
Salsa Chicken: Four everyday ingredients combine for fantastic fast flavorful chicken.
- Look for containers of fresh salsa in the produce section of the grocery but salsa in a jar works fine.
- Did you know that 1/2 cup of salsa equals one serving of vegetables? All the more reason to dig in!
CROCK POT Cuban Pork and Black Beans: Layers of flavor in this effortless Cuban cuisine dish.
- Keep these canned ingredients in the pantry & pork tenderloins in the freezer.
- By timing the herbs you will boost flavor — add dried herbs to the slow cooker in the beginning of cooking, and fresh herbs just before serving.
- Serving Option: Serve over yellow rice.
Blackened Salmon: A little sweet and a bit of spice in this mouth-watering heart healthy dish.
- Don’t overcook salmon as it is best served golden brown on the outside with a warm rare interior.
- If desired, other fish may be used, such as grouper, halibut, tilapia, or catfish.
What’s Going On:
Look for my Trim and Terrific recipes on Albertson’s Nibble
9/7: Alexander’s Highland Market, Baton Rouge, LA Pop-Up Farmer’s Market & Book Signing 11am – 1pm Back to School Special Book Discounts
9/10: WAFB 9 News at Noon - check out what I am cooking up!
9/11: IGNITE! Women's Business Conference Speaker “Recipes for Success”
9/19: Women’s Week Kick-Off Luncheon Speaker, purchase tickets here
Are You Keeping Up With Holly?!
Holly’s partnership with Our Lady of Lake Regional Medical Center webisodes. Look for the “Holly Clegg” daily special in OLOL cafeteria.
Contact Holly at firstname.lastname@example.org for corporate wellness program or special book sales (price) for holiday gifts.
Do you have my phone app? Download free: Holly Clegg's Mobile Rush Hour Recipes
Have you been to my blog? http://thehealthycookingblog.com