Monthly Menus from Holly
Spice Up Your Life - Fall Foods
Crisp air, colorful leaves, boot weather and pumpkins popping up on porches – there is no doubt that Fall is my favorite time of the year – and that doesn’t even cover the food! Spice is always nice, especially this season, and whether you are looking for a fun new family dinner or a fantastic Autumn themed dessert – my trim and terrific recipes have you covered. Look no further than your spice cabinet for rich flavor to add a kick to your mealtime menu and spice up life!
Curry Chicken: Fast flavor for this delicious, quick and easy chicken dish with a wonderful sauce.
- Nutrition Nugget: Curry has ingredients that have been found to have anti-inflammatory properties helping to reduce arthritic pain.
- Serve with brown rice to soak up all of the yummy sauce with a fiber boost.
Mandarin Steak Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette: Asian flavors meld together to create the most spectacular hearty entrée salad.
- Unpeeled fresh ginger will keep three weeks in the refrigerator.
- You know you are choosing a lean meat, like this sirloin, when it ends in ‘loin’ or ‘round’
Apple Caramel Spice Bars: A cross between an apple crumble pie and a spice cake and you have this melt-in-your-mouth Fall dessert.
- Cut in bars or squares and serve warm with frozen vanilla yogurt for the ultimate treat!
- I love to keep these pantry friendly ingredients on hand to whip up and make the house smell good enough to eat!
Yummy Yam Quick Bread: Breakfast, snack, dessert, no one can resist this quick and simple anytime treat!
- Terrific Tip: 1 (15-ounce) can sweet potatoes = 1 cup mashed cooked Louisiana yams.
- The perfect sweet solution for your leftover cooked yams.
What’s Going On:
10/22: Baker Donelson Women’s Initiative Women on Wednesdays, Speaker, New Orleans, LA
10/23: Time Saver Dinner for 96.1 The River
ARE YOU KEEPING UP WITH HOLLY?
Check out my PINTEREST BOARD for Fall Favorites for Busy Times
Look for my tailgating tips featured: Albertson’s Nibble
Holly’s partnership with Our Lady of Lake Regional Medical Center webisodes. Have you tried “Holly Clegg” daily special in OLOL cafeteria.
Corportate Employee Wellness and Incentive programs: contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Download my free phone app: Holly Clegg's Mobile Rush Hour Recipes
Have you been to my blog?