EVERYDAY COOKING FOR HEALTH
May is National Arthritis Awareness Month, so I decided to highlight my newest trim&TERRIFIC® cookbook, Eating Well to Fight Arthritis. After researching the correlation between nutrition and inflammation, I was amazed at the results. Did you know that Arthritis is the 2nd most frequently reported chronic condition with over 100 different types? We know eating healthy is good for us, but there are a few standout nutrients that are real power players in reducing inflammation.
VITAMIN C: Fiesta Salsa – A refreshing zing of flavor – easy to make and even easier to eat!
- Rich in vitamin C, plays important role in tissue repair, helping keep bone, cartilage and connective tissue strong – reducing inflammation.
- Gluten free, as I have highlighted gluten-free recipes in the book.
- For an extra dose of fiber and nutrition, make your own pita chips by baking whole wheat pita wedges cut into triangles.
OMEGA: Guacamame - If you love chips and dip, then this is the best mix between guacamole and edamame.
- I served this delicious dip for the cookbook tasting party and there was some hesitation, but one bite was all it took to make this a favorite!
- So quick to make as all ingredients go in the food processor.
- Serve with fresh veggies or chips for a low carb option. Also, use as a sandwich spread.
- Soybeans, or edamame, are a good source of fiber, Omega-3 fatty acids, and a great vegetarian source of protein.
TOSS THE FORK: Chicken, Red Pepper, Spinach and White Bean Pizza – A hearty easy-to-hold family favorite.
- A great dish to use leftover grilled or rotisserie chicken.
- Freeze leftover pizza slices and reheat for a make- ahead meal another day.
- I just took slices out of the freezer and either I’m hungry or forgot how good this pizza was.
FIBER: Simple Sausage Ratatouille – This simple, yet so-good savory dish will ‘Wow’ you!
- A perfect dish to use that summer squash coming in season.
- You can leave out sausage for a vegetarian option.
- Flavored chicken sausage is popular now and easy to find.
- Canned tomatoes, drained, may be substituted for fresh tomatoes.
What’s Going On:
5/1: Louisiana Ag Nottoway Talk
Listen to Jay Ducote of Biteandbooze.com and myself on his podcast talking about Louisiana Sweet Potato’s Sweet Rewards Contest.
To help you feel your best during pregnancy visit morningsicknessusa.com
FREE: Download my phone app- Holly Clegg's Mobile Rush Hour Recipes