Monthly Menus from Holly
What's For Dinner - Do You Meal Plan?
Dinnertime is dwindling, between carpool, ball practice and dance classes, not to mention homework, honey-do lists and the laundry – dinner time can be another chore on the long list that gets put off until later, or never cooked at all! I want to make meal planning a little easier for you, with a few menu ideas, shopping lists and quick meal prep to get it done and show you how easy it really can be to feed your family a healthy homemade meal.
Don’t over think it, many people quit before they even start, thinking cooking has to be complicated. With this weekly menu, save time and money and be sure to make enough to turn into leftovers. Beef Brisket turns into Beef Sliders the next day or get creative and whip up your own beef quesadillas. Basil Lime Chicken is great on its own but double the recipe and turn the leftovers into the full of flavor Mexican Chicken Orzo Salad – full of pantry friendly ingredients to keep on hand.
Beef Brisket: 5 ingredients for the best Crock Pot meal that turns into Beef Sliders for two meals in one!
- Crock Pot Tip: Don’t cook everything on high. Almost everything you ever cook will cook more evenly and thoroughly on low or medium. You only need high to sear or brown, or if you’re trying to bring something to a boil.
- You can always toss in some potatoes, sweet potatoes and carrots.
- To make brisket sliders, fill sweet rolls with brisket, add Brie and red onion.
- Brisket is a cut of meat from the breast or lower chest of beef.
- 8 Weight Watchers PointsPlus
Basil Lime Chicken: Light, easy and delicious - make enough to turn into Mexican Chicken Orzo.
- Freezer friendly, Diabetic friendly and Gluten Free
- If have fresh basil, this is a great time to use it.
- Limes are a good source of vitamin C, with each lime providing almost 1/3 recommended daily value.
- Vitamin C is a natural antioxidant that reduces inflammation.
- 4 Weight Watchers PointsPlus
Mexican Chicken Orzo Salad: Fresh ingredients in a zippy vinaigrette with rotisserie chicken make a quick and easy family favorite dinner.
- Orzo pasta, a larger rice shaped grain, can be found in the pasta section of your grocery and is a great option for pasta salads.
- Any small pasta may be substituted.
- May use jarred jalapeños or omit, if preferred.
- 7 Weight Watchers PointsPlus
WHAT'S GOING ON
4/8 – OLOL Wellness Wednesday, 12:00-1:00pm
4/15 – WAFB Noon Show, Baton Rouge, LA
4/15 – LSU CHAARG guest speaker, 7-8:30pm
4/21 - Every Kid Healthy Week, Eleanor McMain High School, New Orleans, LA
ARE YOU KEEPING UP WITH HOLLY?
Download my free phone app: Holly Clegg's Mobile Rush Hour Recipes
Have you been to my blog?
Contact Holly for Corporate Wellness & Incentive programs:email@example.com
Subscribe to Holly’s YouTube channel