Monthly Menus from Holly
MIX IT UP - PUT SOME SIZZLE BACK IN YOUR BURGER
When the weather heats up, add some sizzle to the grill, and burgers are an all-American summer favorite! But a burger doesn’t always have to mean the same thing. Don’t be afraid to mix things up, as burgers can come in many different shapes and sizes. From dips to sliders, even using seafood instead of ground meat, a twist on the familiar can be just what your summer menu needs! Classic is good, but variety is better and as always, these trim and terrific burgers are healthy, easy and so good!
Cheesy Burger Dip: Only four ingredients for this hearty appetizer you can whip up in minutes.
- Serve with chips of choice or go low-carb with cut veggies like cucumber rounds and bell peppers.
- Serve in a crock-pot to keep warm.
- This dip is super easy to double or triple for a crowd.
Snappy Salmon Burgers – If you love salmon, like I do, then these burgers are a satisfying meal.
- Make ahead of time and refrigerate until ready to cook.
- If grilling, place salmon patties in freezer about 20-30 minutes and will hold together better.
- Your heart will thank you, as fresh salmon is packed with heart healthy omega-3’s - American Heart Association recommends eating 2 servings of fatty fish per week.
- You can easily turn these into sliders with miniature buns (my favorite is King Hawaiian).
Asian Sliders with Pineapple Salsa: Burgers bursting with Asian flavors topped with pineapple salsa served in miniature buns make the ultimate pick-up.
- Make it easy on yourself and make ahead and put together right on the spot.
- Perfect for tailgating because you can serve at room temperature.
- You can always make larger patties and choose the larger buns if you prefer.
What’s Going On:
Look for my Trim and Terrific recipes on Albertson’s Nibble
9/11: IGNITE! Women's Business Conference Speaker “Recipes for Success”
9/19: Women’s Week Kick-Off Luncheon Speaker, purchase tickets here
Are You Keeping Up With Holly?!
Holly’s partnership with Our Lady of Lake Regional Medical Center webisodes. Look for the “Holly Clegg” daily special in OLOL cafeteria.
Contact Holly at email@example.com for corporate wellness program or special book sales (price) for holiday gifts.
Do you have my phone app? Download free: Holly Clegg's Mobile Rush Hour Recipes
Have you been to my blog? http://thehealthycookingblog.com