Monthly Menus from Holly
CRANBERRY CRUSH - EVERYTHING BUT THE SAUCE
Tis the season for cranberries! When you think of cranberries you usually think of cranberry sauce that accompanies the turkey, but there is so much more to them! Cranberry season is now, and they are readily available in supermarkets so stock up as they can be kept frozen for up to a year. Adding a nice tart zing to salads, quick breads and desserts – fresh or dried cranberries will become your go-to ingredient to jazz up just about any holiday dish. Use your imagination and discover how delicious cranberries can be when added to your favorites!
Cranberry Nut Oatmeal Bread: Sweet and tart are some of my favorite combinations in this delicious bread – the taste of the holidays.
- The perfect holiday gift for just about anyone, from neighbors to grandmas.
- Make the bread ahead by whipping up several loaves at once, wrap with plastic wrap, and freeze in freezable plastic bags.
- No intimidation as fresh or dried cranberries can be used.
- Frozen cranberries do not need to be thawed before baking with.
Chicken Cranberry Pecan Salad: Leftover chicken, dried cranberries, and thyme combine to make a delish after-Christmas meal.
- For ease with chopping, use a food processor.
- A great use for leftover holiday turkey or use Rotisserie chicken for ease.
Holiday Bars: Dried cranberries, white chocolate, pecans and gingersnaps make the perfect bar cookie this time of year.
- Looks and tastes gourmet but don’t get intimidated as dried cranberries are used and mixed with white chocolate and pecans over an easy gingersnap crust for a quick dessert people will rave over!
- These also make a great gift, simply place on a disposable holiday plate or tin and wrap with festive plastic wrap.
What’s Going On:
The gift of food keeps on giving! Give the perfect gift! A trim&TERRIFIC cookbook combined with gifts from the kitchen always have a special spot in the multitude of gifts that arrive on your doorstep.
Watch Healthy Holidays with Holly - WBRZ-TV, 2Une In, Every Wednesday in December.
12/3: Baton Rouge Groupon Holiday Special: KITCHEN 101 and Eating Well to Fight Arthritis
12/4: Arthritis Association Tribute to Excellence Gala, Baton Rouge, LA 7pm
12/7: Around Town TV Show, Baton Rouge, LA – Homemade Gifts
12/7: Alexander’s Highland Market: Book Signing: 11-1 Baton Rouge
12/9: ExxonMobil Baton Rouge Polyolefins Plant: Work Life Balance Seminar
12/11: WAFB Channel 9 Noon Show, Baton Rouge, LA - Christmas recipes
12/21: Book-signing at Barnes & Noble, Perkins Rowe, Baton Rouge, LA 2 - 4 PM
Contact Holly at firstname.lastname@example.org for corporate wellness program or special book sales (price) for holiday gifts.
Do you have my phone app? Download free: Holly Clegg's Mobile Rush Hour Recipes
Look for Holly’s featured trim&TERRIFIC specials at Our Lady of the Lake cafeteria.
Join me on Pinterest for fun and easy ideas to make your Holidays Happy!
Are you on my Facebook Fan Page ? If not, come join for our foodie conversations.
Have you been to my blog? http://thehealthycookingblog.com