Favorite Fix it Quick Recipes
September always seems to fly by in a blur of back-to-school, tailgating and activity schedules – yet the age-old “What’s for dinner?” still seems to be the million-dollar question! When in doubt, remember I am here to the rescue with my family favorite quick and easy recipes for a fast and homemade snack, appetizer and meal. Whether its an afterschool pick-me-up, fantastic crowd-pleasing dip or my go-to hearty dinner casserole – keep these recipes and ingredients in your back pocket (or pantry) for a stress-free month to get you back in the swing of things.
No Bake Energy Bites: Healthy and delicious make these the perfect back-to-school snack.
- Oats and flaxseed are full of heart healthy fiber and nutrients that help maintain healthy weight.
- Can even get the kids in on helping make these super healthy treats.
- To toast coconut, place in a skillet over medium heat and toast 2 – 5 minutes or just until lightly browned, stirring often with a wooden spoon.
Crawfish Dip: Tailgating at the game or around the TV just got a whole lot tastier!
- Crawfish and a touch of heat – I have been making this dip since my catering days!
- Use those Louisiana crawfish tails from the freezer to enjoy this recipe all year long.
- For those of you that don’t live here, you can still enjoy Louisiana crawfish as crawfish tails are available everywhere, you just want to make sure they’re Louisiana crawfish!
- For more delicious ways to use those tails check out my Crawfish Cakes with Horseradish Sauce!
- Check out my Louisiana Crawfish Promotions Board blog for more Louisiana crawfish recipes.
Simple Southwestern Casserole: Simple and satisfying, my family’s fast favorite dinner.
- I always keep ground sirloin in my freezer and biscuits in my fridge for this easy meal in minutes!
- Ensure you are choosing the leanest cuts of meat by looking for those ending in “loin” or “round”
- Use kitchen scissors to make cutting biscuits easy.
- If you have trouble finding enchilada sauce, you can substitute salsa.
WHAT’S GOING ON:
Check it out my YouTube Channel and SUBSCRIBE!
Find more yummy 5 INGREDIENT recipes on my Pinterest Board!
JOIN ME ON:
Do you get my newsletter? Subscribe to my mailing list to get my newest Monthly Menu FREE each month!
For more information, visit www.hollyclegg.com or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- September Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month with Healthy Easy Recipes - September 27, 2016
- Football Centerpieces Easy and Affordable Plus 3 Top Tailgating Recipes - September 21, 2016
- Best Quinoa Salad Recipes – Summer to Fall - September 20, 2016